Three People Charged with Beating, Hogtying and Leaving a Biker to Die During Theft of Motorcycle

Three People Charged with Beating, Hogtying and Leaving a Biker to Die During Theft of Motorcycle

Three people appeared in court on Thursday, July 7 on murder charges in connection to the death of a Kansas man.

The charges were read and they did not have representation.

They will be back in court in a week.

The charges were upgraded on Wednesday, July 6 to murder against Elsie M. Coleman-Hamilton, 40, of North Little Rock, Ark., Ronnie Carl Robinson, Sr., 49, of Sikeston, Mo. and Larenzle M. Coleman, 35, of Oakfield, Tenn.

All three were charged with first degree murder, first degree robbery, first degree tampering with a motor vehicle and kidnapping in the death of Larry Weaver, who went missing from a Sikeston hotel and was found dead in a cotton field in New Madrid County Missouri.

Larenzle Coleman was arrested on July 2 at a home in Charleston, Mo., the same address where authorities say the Chevy Avalanche was found.

Coleman allegedly told investigators he was with Ronnie Robinson and Elsie Coleman when the motorcycle was stolen from the Days Inn in Sikeston early in the morning on June 27.

According to court documents, Larenzle Coleman told them they were all going to Poplar Bluff to steal a motorcycle from one of the hotels. On their way to Poplar Bluff, he told authorities they saw a black Harley parked at the Days Inn as they passed westbound on Highway 60.

Larenzle and Ronnie allegedly loaded the motorcycle onto the trailer and Weaver came of his hotel room and jumped on the trailer to keep them from leaving.

According to court documents, Ronnie pulled away with the motorcycle and Weaver on the trailer and headed west on Highway 60.

During the ride, Weaver allegedly got into the bed of the Avalanche; and banged and kicked on the glass allegedly telling them to stop.

Ronnie allegedly continued west and turned south onto Hwy. FF and then stopped at a dark place along the road and shut the truck off.

Larenzle Coleman told authorities he opened his door and yelled to Weaver to get out and run away.

Weaver allegedly got out and began walking south.

Ronnie allegedly got out of the driver’s seat, ran towards Weaver and they began fighting. He allegedly punched Weaver several times. Weaver fell to his knees and had his arms wrapped around Ronnie’s waist

Ronnie allegedly began hitting Weaver repeatedly with his elbows and he eventually fell to the ground. Ronnie then allegedly stomped him in the mid-section several times.

According to court documents, Ronnie went back to the truck, grabbed some ropes and returned to tie Weaver up. He then allegedly pulled Weaver from the road into the cotton field and walked back to the truck.

Larenzle told authorities he could hear Weaver faintly saying “no” as he walked away.

According to court documents, Ronnie got back in the truck and drove toward Howardville. He allegedly told Larenzle to call they buyer so they could sell the motorcycle.

Larenzle told authorities they drove to Howardville, dropped the motorcycle off and dumped the trailer off at a house south of Howardville. He said they returned to the motorcycle and waited for the buyer to arrive.

According to court documents, the buyer arrived at 6 a.m. but the deal fell through, so they left the motorcycle roadside and Ronnie drove them back to Charleston.

According to court documents, on Sunday, June 26 at around 6 p.m., Weaver checked into the Days Inn on South Main in Sikeston. He parked his motorcycle outside of his ground floor room.

At around 8 p.m. on that Sunday, authorities say Weaver called his wife and told her he had checked into his hotel for the night. He said he planned on leaving the following morning to go home to Pittsburg, Kan.

Weaver did not contact his wife the following morning and did not answer any of her phone calls or any of the many phone calls from his family and friends.

Because Weaver did not arrived home at the scheduled time, which authorities say was out of character for him, Weaver's wife contact the Pittsburg, Kan. Police Department and reported him missing.

On June 28 at around 6:30 a.m., the Pittsburg, Kan. Police Department contacted the Sikeston Department of Public Safety and asked they go to the Days Inn to try to contact Weaver.

When officers arrived, they say they were told by staff that Weaver checked in on Sunday night but never checked out.

According to court documents, when officers looked through Weaver's room, they found all of his personal belongings, cell phone, clothing, helmet, vest, billfold, bag and jeans inside.

Documents state the housekeeper went inside to clean the room on Monday, June 27 at about noon and found the door ajar, opened slightly. Authorities say the housekeeper said his motorcycle was not parked outside of the room as it had been when he checked in.

read more at Action5News

Back to blog

Leave a comment